Description of Position:
This is an environment unlike anything in the high-tech world and the secret of our success is its culture. The value we put on our employees is well documented in articles from a variety of publishers including Bloomberg and Forbes. We are well known for our generosity and community service and have won many awards for its philanthropy. The company joins with its employees to take an active role in volunteering by sponsoring many opportunities to help others.
We are the second largest retailer in the world with wholesale operations in twelve countries. Despite our size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family, employee centric atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed.
The Identity Engineer
is part of a team that is responsible for Identity and Access Management (IAM) delivery of enterprise-wide Identity, Access, Directory and Authentication Services with capability to support cloud and on-prem application services. The IAM Group integrates both legacy and modernized infrastructure components to support global company initiatives
. The Identity Engineer
will be responsible for helping to document, design and develop the service integration infrastructure and all of its capabilities. The Identity Engineer
will also participate and provide leadership for ongoing development efforts to mature our IAM services.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Required Skills, Abilities, and Certifications:
- Designs, configures, troubleshoots and supports IAM initiatives and solutions.
- Collaborates with teams to help provide IAM best practices and design patterns.
- Participates in planning the entire development life cycle including concept, design, and quality assurance testing
- Uses tools such as Azure DevOps, Terraform, Jenkins, Puppet, Azure Test Labs and Git to improve and speed up delivery of our products and services.
- Maintains, extends and builds automated Continuous Improvement (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) pipelines.
- Designs, implements, and manages reliable build/deployment/test automation systems.
- Monitors official builds and drives software issues to resolution.
- Works with Product Owners to plan sprints; collaborates with Operations, Development, and QA functions to develop solutions that are predisposed to scalability and simplified maintenance.
- Provides a senior escalation point for complex issues. Ensures timely recovery from outages, performs root cause analysis and implements preventative measures.
- Seeks opportunities to automate, document, share, educate, and improve processes.
- Leads the team with client and server-side web application development.
- Gathers requirements from internal clients and provides security/IAM technical expertise to the development of initiative requirements.
- Optimizes API and service proxy runtime components.
- Recommends and develops service integration standards, guidelines, and best practices.
- Implements professional growth in the areas of technology, business knowledge, and supports policies.
- Expert understanding of standard engineering concepts such as high availability, redundancy, reliability, and performance.
- Programming experience in Java or C#, .Net
- Strong understanding of DevOps, Git, and automation towards CI/CD pipelines
- Strong understanding of development platforms
- Strong understanding of protocols and standards within IAM.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to provide mentoring and training to team members on technology.
- Ability to cross-collaborate with others on large complex projects.
- Strong ability to properly convey IAM concepts and standards to others.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of management.
- Ability to identify gaps and recommend solutions to align with security and IAM standards and procedures as well as identifying areas for significant improvement, optimization and automation.
- Demonstrates a logical and structured approach to time management and task prioritization.
- Follows Enterprise standards for Security and Best Practices.
- Strong understanding of IaaS, SaaS, PaaS, and IDaaS architecture and concepts.
- Interfaces with and provides technical leadership to others in the IT division and business to address ongoing business needs.
- Experience developing and operating end-to-end automated solutions for IT operations activities (including deployment, release management, monitoring, etc.).
- Ability to articulate, gather, drive conversations, and document requirements.
- Expert skills in design and process flows.
- Strong working knowledge of designing and implementing IAM technologies and services.
- Understanding of provisioning, authentication, federation, and sync.
- Knowledge of public key infrastructure or cryptography standards.