The right individual for this role will have a deep background in cyber security and system engineering with the ability to understand market needs and to make high-level trade - offs between security and delivering highly competitive products suitable for operation in a medical environment. As a security expert you will work with diverse teams of Hardware, Software, Systems and Quality engineers and will need excellent communication skills to help develop secure architectures, requirements, security training and security oriented processes.
- This is a subject matter expert for cyber security from a systems engineering perspective and to provide technical leadership across products and product lines related to cyber security and systems engineering.
- Work with interdisciplinary sub-system teams to take system concepts and to synthesize the cyber security architecture and to refine that architecture into concrete requirements at the appropriate level.
- Lead interdisciplinary teams in performing risk - based threat assessments to assess and refine the architecture applying industry best practices.
- Lead studies to determine critical design trade-offs and to optimize system operation with respect to security, usability and complexity,
- Document and define security and cryptographic protocols to provide guidance for development teams in implementation.
- Maintain awareness of security trends, threats and vulnerabilities.
- Maintain an awareness of Cyber Security requirements and standards relevant to the development of medical devices.
- Provide training on security related standards, technologies and processes.
- Collaborate with colleagues performing Cybersecurity across the company to improve processes and develop a shared approach to cyber security.
- Bachelor or Master’s Degree in relevant field.
- Formal education in security engineering or certification is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience developing complex software intensive systems as either a systems engineer or software engineer focusing on software systems.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience developing complex systems with a strong emphasis of security.
- Experience in one or more related areas: Securing Mobile Devices, Securing of Cloud - Based Systems, Securing Communication Protocols, Securing Embedded Systems.
- Knowledge of security standards and processes applicable to the medical device or other safety critical industry